Monday 30 July 2012

hot plate?/cold plate? you decide

Ok, day two and what to write in new shiney blog.

There I was minding my own business in the Co-op, hunting some grub for kids' supper when I was told to 'stay where you are, I've been meaning to speak to you'....fair enough, must be something important so I smile and say 'what was that Sir?' (always start politely) - the conversation follows thus:-

I ate at your place the other evening and ordered fish cakes (so far so good....we do do rather good fishcakes) and they were served on a cold plate! (look of distain on gentleman's face)

ah, says I, your fishcakes came with a salad, did they not Sir?

I have no idea, all I know is that they were served on a cold plate!

Yes Sir, our fishcakes are served with a salad and as such salad is not served on a hot plate, thus ours are not hot.

I don't care if there was a salad or not, the plate was cold!

Yes Sir, that is because they are served with a salad (bangs head on side of counter as at this stage we are not getting anywhere)

That is not the point....the plate was cold!

Yes Sir, that is because you don't normally serve salad on a hot plate.

At this point, still smiling, I realise that we are getting nowhere fast - the staff behind the till however are thoroughly enjoying aforesaid conversation.

Well, says he, I only came to your place because where I normally go was closed!!...do you know what, I resisted the temptation to suggest that he waits until his usual haunt is open next time, wasn't that controlled of me?

So, the jury is out....salad on a hot plate or a cold plate?  At Thomsons it will be cold :)


No comments:

Post a Comment